Monday, October 28, 2019

Project Selection-Magazine

Through rigorous research and content observation I have learned tons on the print media industry and print journalism aspects. The print industry process is an intensive and collaborative process that intrigues me in a lot of aspects. The print industry requires a lot of collaboration throughout the process. This was witnessed throughout all my research while viewing "All the Presidents Men" and "The Newsroom". Reporters, Anchors, Editors are all working together constantly communicating and problem solving together. they all work together to complete the final goal of getting that story and really makes the print industry feel like a team effort. Print media challenges people, to find the facts of what truly is going on behind the story. Finding facts and discovering valuable information is a skill needed for the print media industry. Being a valuable researcher is a quality that intrigues me and seems to be very useful outside the industry as well. You see these skills used in the print media industry all the time for example in "All The Presidents Men" they had to track down the money to find the statements and the people they needed to finish the story. This process of finding the story and facts is a skill I am wanting to enhance and refine to further my research to be more efficient and in depth. The industry requires a lot of skills to be able to do well in but I believe some of my skill sets would work nicely in the process. I'm quite well tasked at asking the right questions and manipulating those to get answers out of them. This skill would be very valuable in the industry when finding a story. I saw this ability use in "All The Presidents Men" with questioning and techniques that were out of the box but worked in finding the truth. Finding what is valuable is a strength that I would be able to implement easily and add value to my magazine product. The magazine project will require a lot of skills that are implemented in everyday use but the process is one that is intriguing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Revisions

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic I will not be able to show you my final revisions because I do not have access to Adobe InDesign, which I was o...