Thursday, April 16, 2020

Creative Critical Reflection- Question #1

This first question I will cover my use of conventions in my magazine. The first convention demonstrated was the photograph style. I was trying to imitate the gritty, underground vibe that I had witnessed in other rap/hip-hop magazines. I used photos with dim lighting and dark gritty areas to display that "grunge" vibe that I have witnessed in countless rap/hip-hop magazines that I have researched. Another convention demonstrated in my magazine was my cover design. My tittle "Rap Caviar" is unique and distinct which causes it to pop out to readers followed by the visceral photograph on the front made to entice readers. This style of a bold front cover font is used to emulate that of other hip-hop/rap magazines and is an ambiguous way of branding and showing how Rap Caviar is different from the rest. Another convention implemented in the Rap Caviar issue was the layout of the two-page spread. I made this two-page spread to look professional and I did that by following precedent that other magazines such as Source or Billboard had laid out for me. This two-page spread is meant to entice the readers into reading the article while keeping their short term attention on high end photographs and through the creation of margins making the reading look less burdensome to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Revisions

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic I will not be able to show you my final revisions because I do not have access to Adobe InDesign, which I was o...