Thursday, January 9, 2020

Use of Conventions

In my magazine project I researched countless numbers of magazines in the same genre of my project. While viewing these magazines there was a standard use of conventions that can be seen in font sizing, photography, and article topics. To emulate these professional magazines I complimented some of these conventions as shown in my finished magazine. I used bold tittle fonts to emphasize tittles and important headings which is conventionally used in the production style or hip-hop/rap magazines. The photography that I took and used emulates the feeling and mood promoted by those in other hip-hop/rap magazines. In my research the photography was almost always of the artist and had a serious or gritty tone with a style that is used to emulate that of the rap/hip-hop artists type of style. I used photography techniques to and editing to produce gritty and real photos and had my models dress up in clothing similar to fashion that would be found on conventional rap/hip-hop artists. This adds depth and realism to my magazine that gives off a professional look to my issue. The article found in my issue is one that relates to topics typically found within a rap/hip-hop culture magazine of today. All of these emulations of conventional style magazines helps give me an opportunity to see precedent and help my issue be the best looking and most accurate portrayal of a professional magazine. In order to attract our target audience of you thrills rap/hip-hop enthusiasts we wanted to represent the social group of teenagers in our photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Revisions

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic I will not be able to show you my final revisions because I do not have access to Adobe InDesign, which I was o...